Sunday, January 1, 2012

[2011 in Books] By Emma Williams

1.Worth Dying For - Lee Child
I had heard of Lee Child before but never really got into him until this year and now he has become one of my favourite authors so this is proof that trying new things works out! This was my introduction in Jack Reacher, the main character in most of Child's books and he is a force to be reckoned with!

2.Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
I never get tired of this book. I must have read it over ten times and every Christmas I have to read it again. A true classic!

3.The Watcher - Brian Freeman
My mum recommended this book to me and I am so glad she did because after reading a couple of chapters of The Watcher, I went out and purchased all of Freeman's books!

4.The Coroner - M R Hall
One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to read more books by British authors so my first push into this was M R Hall's first novel The Coroner. I tend to lean towards thriller and crime novels so this was exactly my type of thing!

5.Port Mortuary - Patricia Cornwell
The Queen of crime and thrills, Cornwell never fails to impress me and like Barclay was someone that a couple of years ago I couldn't get into, but now I adore her work and am eagerly awaiting the next one!

6.Never Look Away - Linwood Barclay

I read this book after seeing it recommended on a couple of book clubs that I follow in the UK and was pleasantly surprised as having tried to read Barclay a couple of years ago and struggling to get into his style of work, I was glad I decided to give him a go again.

7.The Tiger Who Came To Tea - Judith Kerr
A childhood classic that I get out every time I am feeling homesick! This book is so British and so quaint that it just cheers you up within seconds.

8.The Point of Rescue - Sophie Hannah
Sophie Hannah is just brilliant. There really are no other words needed for her!

9.Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
A classic that I think is just the ultimate feel good example of chicklit as it works for all ages, all backgrounds and never gets old.

10.The Perfect Husband - Lisa Gardner
Gardner is another one that I just think has such a nice writing style that she keeps you gripped for the whole book and the way they all link in together makes the whole series brilliant.

11.Matilda - Roald Dahl
Everything about Roald Dahl's boos are brilliant and after not reading Matilda since I was a kid, I was reminded of it when I made a chocolate cake one day and someone remarked it looked like the ones the head teacher makes the boy eat in Matilda. That evening I went out and bought it so whether you are a kid or an adult, this book will get you smiling - and craving chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment